The Destination Marketing and Tourism Program
At Team Insight & Associates, we believe that a successful community is a blend of viewpoints all working towards a common solution.
Our Destination Marketing and Tourism program is a community-based Initiative that is co-sponsored by your local Destination Marketing Organization, Chamber of Commerce, and in many cases a community’s local Airport. The program’s concept capitalizes on the interconnected relationship between the Airport and the community, recognizing that the Airport “asset” needs to be positioned as a business enterprise and as an engine for economic growth for the community as a whole.
Our Destination Marketing and Tourism coaching staff has a combined nearly 100 years of destination marketing and tourism development experience. Together, these coaches provide assistance to communities in improving tourism growth by charting a course of community partnership. We have worked with communities around the country, proving that “no challenge can be adequately surmounted without a synergy of seemingly different viewpoints joined together toward a common solution.”
How It Works
The Destination Marketing and Tourism program’s goal is to help your community design effective communication, development, and marketing strategies. This is typically done in conjunction with the community’s Airport. The goal is to increase and expand community and regional support. The program’s objective is to growth in tourism through a well-defined and executed community-based engagement process.
What Makes This Approach Unique?
For more information about what makes our approach to the challenge of destination marketing and tourism different, click on one of the tabs, below.
- As a partner in this initiative, the “entity of focus”, usually the Airport, plays more of a mentor and resource role than a leadership role
- The Destination Marketing Organization takes the lead as the initiative’s sponsor
- The initiative is sponsored by one key community leader
- The initiative brings community involvement in multiple areas of need, identified by the “entity of focus”
- Instead of one large community group working on behalf of the “entity of focus”, this approach has smaller “All Star” teams of community leadership working on separate tasks with a common goal, thus creating an overall synergy beween the “entity of focus” and the community as a whole
- The creation of strategic marketing action plans for the “entity of focus” does not require buy-in by the community because the community helped develop them in the first place
- The community discovers the issues surrounding the growth of the “entity of focus” for themselves, will roll up their sleeves, and create solutions. They now can take ownership of the processes
- The Destination Marketing Organization now has a program that provides their members with an opportunity to work side by side with the community at large for a common goal
- The paradigm shifts for the positive. For example, instead of the community working on behalf of the Airport, the Airport partners with its community to expand the economic development activities for the community and region as a whole
- Destination Marketing Organizations and Airport partnerships
- Niche marketing strategies
- Social media and branding strategies development and implementation
- Public relations and media relations management
- ROI – It’s not just about the money
- Measuring success – reponsible research
- Strategy development – identifying and coordinating needs for meetings and sports groups
- Creative gravity – pulling people to your destination
- Inbound tourism demand planning
- Inbound tourism market analysis
- Market point of sale analysis
- Passenger demand analysis
- Passenger demand strategies